11. Saint Charles Lwanga: Burned alive in Africa for defending the Faith and the holiness of purity. A great intercessor for those with same-sex attraction.
12. Saint Padre Pio: Usually regarded as rather stern, but he has afforded me much comfort: My most cherished quote of his: “My past, O Lord, to your mercy; my present, to your love; my future, to your providence!” Along with Saint Josemaria Escriva, he is the greatest Saint of the 20th Century.
13. Saint Teresa of Avila: Also a great devotee of Saint Joseph; once said of him: “I have never known anyone to be truly devoted to him and render him particular services who did not notably advance in virtue, for he gives very real help to souls who commend themselves to him.”
14. Saint Sebastian: Martyred twice for the Faith, and through his conversion and example – saved many souls.
15. Saint Faustina: An uneducated and sickly Polish nun who received extraordinary visions of Jesus Christ. Her “Diary” changed my life: “My Heart overflows with great mercy for souls, and especially for poor sinners. If only they could understand that I am the best of Fathers to them and that it is for them that the Blood and Water flowed from My Heart as from a fount overflowing with mercy.”
16. Saint Maria Goretti: The first Saint and Victim-martyr of pornography. Murdered by a porn addict, but gave her life as a model of courage and chastity.
17. Saint Augustine: As the Roman Empire fell all around him, the young egotist dived into promiscuity and decadence. Through the Grace of God, and the prayers of his mother, became one of the greatest minds in the Church.
18. Saint Benedict Joseph Labre: Most likely suffered from mental illness; was a repeated failure at the monastic life, but because of his humility – was regarded as a Saint during his lifetime.
19. Saint Louis Marie de Montfort: The “slave” to Our Lady. Redefined for me what Marian devotion was all about.
20. Blessed Junipero Serra: The often forgotten Saint of California. In his zealousness for God, and the unsaved, he gave all he had. Once, got lost in a storm and took shelter in the miraculously transported house of Jesus, Mary and Joseph.